Every so often there's a movie coming out that gets me really excited. Casino Royale, Star Trek, The A-Team, True Grit, these are just a few of the more recent ones. (Notice that none of them are chick flicks. I'm officially a disgrace to my gender.) And last weekend it was The Avengers.
My brother, Scott, moved in with me for the summer while he's on break from BYU. He and his buddies had tickets to the midnight showing on Thursday and so I joined him (and his Blue-ray player) in getting fully prepared. Let's do a headcount: the demigod, a super-soldier, a living legend who actually lives up to the legend, a man with breathtaking anger management issues, a couple of master assassins.
By the time Saturday hit, I was dying to go see it. I took the boys down to the BYU baseball game for the afternoon while Jenni was attending a family wedding. But when Saturday night finally came around it was time! And was it ever worth the wait.
It was genius. The script was well written. The humor was witty. The special effects were creative. The political undertones were uplifting. The super heroes were hot. (With that comment do I win back some girl points?) I seriously got choked up a couple of times. And I flat out cried over Agent Coulson. (Why oh why did he have to die? So not happy about that one.) It was certainly my kind of movie.
Anyone know when the next one is coming out? Probably not soon enough.















3 comments:
Seriously...lunchtime showing? Soon? :) (And I'm not 100% convinced that Phil died...I'll have to tell you why.)
I agree! SUCH a great movie. Yes, you bought back some girl points, agree with you on that as well... HOTNESS! I haven't seen all the other movies, but seeing the Avengers, I want to see the others. I think that's what I am doing this weekend!
This is THE ULTIMATE chick flick.
I heart Phil. Have you ever seen the little special video on the extras of Captain America? It's called "something Happened on the way to Thor's Hammer" and it stars Phil. Fab.
Post a Comment