5.21.2012

Mums

Like I've said before, I love Memorial Day. It's a day spent grave hopping and barbecuing with the family. So when I realized that I'd be in Portland over the holiday I was a little bummed. Granted, one can't really complain about a trip to Portland, right? But I figured I would just celebrate Memorial Day a week early instead. I carefully picked out flowers for each of the grandparents and then convinced Jenni and Scott to come along for the ride. (It was pretty easy when the Doritos Locos Tacos became part of the equation. On a side note, can anyone explain why it's "Tacos" and not "Taco"? Even with a thirty minutes debate, the three of us couldn't figure out Taco Bell's grammar usage.)

First up, Grandma and Grandpa R. at Elysian Gardens . . .


Then over to Grandma and Grandpa W. at the Tooele City Cemetery . . .


I know it sounds odd, but I find cemeteries to be so happy and pleasant on Memorial Day, what with all the pretty flowers and visiting families. They just have a different air about them (in contrast to other times of the year when they can be so incredibly sad and final). And I'm glad to report that they were that way even a week early.

Gosh, I miss my grandparents. A lot.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Now I know the mystery of who beat Heather and I to the cemetery!!

Jenni said...

Doritos Locos Tacos. Say that ten times fast. WHILE eating one.