5.29.2008

Ronald Reagan

Those who know me best know that I'm a Ronald Reagan lover. I just can't get enough of his humor, optimism, and political incite. I recently finished the Dinesh D'Souza book, "Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary Man Became an Extraordinary Leader." It was fabulous, just amazing, and incredibly educational. I can't say enough about it.

A coworker knows about this love of mine and came over to my desk this afternoon carrying a book. The previous evening she had been at the public library checking out their "buy" shelves. (Who knew libraries had such a section? Apparently she did . . .) Anyway, she came across the Autobiography of Ronald Reagan, bought it, and gave it to me. It got me thinking, perhaps because of the Memorial Day weekend, how great it is to be an American, where at least I know I'm free (thank you, Lee Greenwood). But in all seriousness, aren't we so, so blessed? I have to ask myself if I am living my life in such a way that those that see me know of my gratitude for that freedom. I certainly hope so.

"The house we hope to build is not for my generation but for yours. It is your future that matters. And I hope that when you are my age, you will be able to say as I have been able to say: We lived in freedom. We lived lives that were a statement, not an apology." (Ronald Reagan)

1 comment:

Judy said...

Nice post, Lisa. I love The Gipper, too.