4.30.2008
Inspiration Trip
Quite honesty, who doesn't find a fantastic handbag inspiring? On Monday, my department at work went on an "inspiration trip," which really amounts to "let's sneak out of the office, eat, and refill the creative juices." Heck, I'm not complaining. We decided to spend the afternoon in the Sugarhouse area of Salt Lake City since it is filled with a whole heap of sweet, eclectic shops. In such stores, I tend to gravitate first to handbags and then to jewelry. Charlet found this cool bag in which we both instantly fell in love. (Notice how I didn't end that sentence with a preposition. Point for me! But alas, I digress . . .) But then she made the mistake of looking at the price tag. Ouch. That's another thing about those kind of shops; you have to pay through the nose; everything costs an arm and a leg. And seeing as how I prefered to keep both my arm and my leg, and didn't really see much reason to include my nose in any type of monetary transaction, I decided to instead take a picture of it, much to the chagrin of the store clerk. Sweet isn't it? Now if only I had the sewing talents of my grandmother. I guess I should have paid more attention to my high school Home Economics teacher instead of flirting with Devin . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













4 comments:
Lisa - I LOVE this bag. I want one too!
Yea, we particularly liked the colors they used, the combination of coral and mustard. The inside was fully lined with a weathered black and white pattern. Pretty simple construction. But I thought the rings on the handle and the cut-out flower on the front added some extra pizzaz.
See, you should sell your handbags. You'd make a fortune from people like me. :)
That bag is adorable!! Too bad they want so much for it. I'm so glad we have found each other again, I can't believe it's been like 5 years!! Guess what, I still play Rummi5000 and I've taught my husband's side to play with me, too, so every summer at reunions we get a big game going. Tons of fun! Reminds me of you guys...
Gosh, I love Luke Wilson. (Yes, I got the reference!)
We could figure out how to make it, right?
LOL.
Post a Comment