10.25.2010

Portland: The Waiting Game

When you're on press there tends to be a lot of waiting around. And sometimes there's just plain nothing to do. Today was like that.

We got right to work first thing this morning. The press had our multiple projects on multiple presses so I really couldn't leave the plant. I had to be available if and when they needed me. So I ended up spending the majority of the day sitting right here at the dining room table in the apartment, with my laptop, finishing up some work from the office that I brought with me, downloading a bunch of random pictures from my camera, and just plain messing around on the internet, thanks to the mobile hotspot capability of my cell phone (yet one more reason why my phone is the best).

Yes, yes, it was an exciting day. But tonight I'll reap the reward: an uninterrupted night's sleep. They'll be printing all evening and won't need me again until tomorrow morning. Can I get an amen?!


More to come . . .

No comments: