I've given President Packer's talk quite a bit of thought over the last couple
of weeks. (Gosh I love General Conference!) And honestly, I've been shocked
and saddened by all the resulting outcry and disagreement, particularly by
members of the church. I've had many conversations on this topic with friends
and family members and in each discussion I hope I've been clear on my belief:
President Packer is an apostle.
He is inspired. He speaks truth. Period.
of weeks. (Gosh I love General Conference!) And honestly, I've been shocked
and saddened by all the resulting outcry and disagreement, particularly by
members of the church. I've had many conversations on this topic with friends
and family members and in each discussion I hope I've been clear on my belief:
President Packer is an apostle.
He is inspired. He speaks truth. Period.
My mom recently sent me a Meridian Magazine article:
President Packer's Talk and Stoning the Prophets by Maurine Proctor.
It's a fantastic read. I couldn't have written it better myself.
President Packer's Talk and Stoning the Prophets by Maurine Proctor.
It's a fantastic read. I couldn't have written it better myself.













5 comments:
AMEN on all your thoughts.
And why does GC have to go by so fast? I so look forward to it every 6 months and it seems like it goes by WAY too fast.
it was a great article. profound and enlightening. thanks for sharing.
I seriously believe this might be one of THE dividing issues of our day. This just might be the issue that separates the wheat from the tares. I understand and firmly believe in having compassion on people as people, but seriously...now's the time to make your stand and pick your side. (Oh yeah, this stuff gets me fired up.)
We all just have to constantly sing "follow the prophet" loud and proud. That is what I got from this conference. We don't have time to think about following the prophet, we only have time to follow him and do exactly what he directs.
-Erin
I. Love. That. Man. Period.
Post a Comment