9.23.2010

The Letter G

I'm named after my grandma. My mom's mom.
Her name was Geneve.
She was beautiful. Talented. Faithful. Kind. Strong.
And she was an artist in every way.
I like to think that I got my creative side from her.


And honestly, her passing a couple of weeks ago has been difficult. I no
longer have any living grandparents. A fact that breaks my heart.
My grandma (my dad's mom) passed away a few years ago and my grandpa
(my dad's dad) passed away last year. Loosing both of them left a massive void.

"What children need most are the essentials that
grandparents provide in
abundance. They give
unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort,

lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies."

(Rudolph Giuliani)

4 comments:

Judy said...

Cookies. And lemon cake. Great photos, Lisa. Thanks for everything.

Lori said...

I am sorry. I miss my grandparents too.

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Three of my grandparents had passed by the time I was born, and Grandma Lindberg passed when I was 8 years old. I always felt like I missed something "big." I'm glad you had your grandparents influences for as long as you did. It must be difficult to be without when they've been such a big part of your life.

Jenni said...

Love, love, love this post.