6.20.2008
G'day Mate
The new catalogue went live April 1st for Australia and New Zealand. Pretty exciting. I'm finally getting around to posting the one new stamp set I designed for that market. It's called "G'day Mate" and has localized words and phrases. It's pretty simple, not too exciting. But I'm curious to see if any of ya'll know what the phrases mean. Every time I hear the phrase "True Blue" I obviously think of BYU football. Do you remember that true blue sticker Dad got one year with our football tickets? And when Jenni and I got to fighting over who would get it, Dad stuck it on Mom's bill bag? That's what "True Blue" will always remind me of. But I seriously doubt that is what the people down under had in mind for a stamp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













8 comments:
How do you remember that stuff? I don't remember that at all...how funny.
She's all apples? Hmmm.....I think I'll leave that one alone. :-)
Oh, it's She'll BE apples....not sure that's any better...
I'm not sure how I remember things like that. Apparently I was really upset about not getting the sticker. :)
"she'll be apples" means "it'll be alright"
Oh my gosh, girl! How did someone like me, whose artistic claim to fame is that horrific ceramic head with the bulging eyes that was on display for all the parents during my third grade art show, produce a child who designs such amazing things? I wish you could put more of your designs on your blog, but I know you really can't. Is that cover one of yours? Wow.
I knew the apple one... Not sure on True Blue or Cobber. One of my best friends served in Australia and one of her favorite things to say is "good on ya" (which, apparently is like "good for you!", with an emphasis)
Too funny...
And geez, Louise, your mom's not kidding when she says you're talented! You ROCK!
"true blue" means "genuine"
"cobber" means "friend/pal"
We still have the "bill bag" with the true blue sticker on it. I do not remember you two fighting over it, but Dad remembers every lovely detail. I'm so glad I have developed such a terrific selective memory.
Cobber.
I like it.
Had no idea what it meant, so thanks for the info.
I'm going to randomly use it whenever I feel inspired. That'll be fun!
Post a Comment