
First there was Fantasy Football:
During the fantasy draft this year I tried hard to build a well-rounded, reliable team. And I was pretty pleased with what I ended up with. (To be honest, every year I start out with the same optimism but THIS year would prove to be one where that positive thinking would come to fruition.) The team started out slow and steady, but around week four they began to pick up some major momentum, thanks in part to my random (but genius!) draft of Cam Newton off of waivers. Dad's team, on the other hand, started out strong and it looked as through he might be downright unstoppable. Scott and Brandon proved to be stiff competition as well (while Mom and Jennifer were non-issues, ha!). But in the end, my team came away with the dubya! Mission accomplished!
Next there was March Madness:
Last year I spent a bunch of time researching and analyzing the teams. And like an expert ESPN analyst I made confident, strategic decisions while filling out my bracket. I lost. Indeed, I snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in one of my most embarrassing March Madness showings to date. (See, women should not be sports broadcasters.) So this year I decided to take a different approach. I didn't do a lick of research, trusted my instincts, and filled out the bracket in 10 seconds flat. And I won. But do you know what made this victory even better? I was competing in a group with all my brother's high school, college, and mission buddies. I, the lone girl, beat them all. Doesn't that make me like the coolest sister ever, Scott?!
I fear I have nowhere to go but down next year.













1 comment:
Meanwhile, I have nowhere to go but up.
Post a Comment