



After the cruise, I walked over to the Sydney Opera House. Nothing symbolizes Sydney better or is more recognizable in Australia than the Opera House. It is also one of the most famous performing arts centers in the world, hosting over 1,500 performances each year attended by 1.2 million people. Although I didn't attend a performance, I was no doubt impressed by it's beautiful exterior and excited to see it in person.

I also wondered over to the Harbour Bridge, which carries rail, vehicle, and pedestrian traffic between the Sydney central business district and the North Shore. It's one of the world's widest long-span and tallest steel-arch bridges and is locally nicknamed "The Coat Hanger" because of its arch-based design. It's beautiful.


There were many, many other sites I saw during my week in Australia. The city is just full of things to see and do and experience. And even with having to do all my exploring solo, the 14-hour flight both ways, and the horrific jet leg upon returning home, I absolutely LOVED my trip down under. I can't wait to go back next year! Anyone want to go with me?













2 comments:
Did you do the bridge climb? :) We visited Circular Quay as well for dinner one night. Beautiful. The cruise sounded awesome.
Sounds like a fantastic trip! I want to come next year! Glad you had fun and recover from jet lag...
Post a Comment