5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day!

A couple of weeks ago at church, I sat in Sharing Time as the kids learned the third verse of the Primary song "The Family is of God". In this verse it talks about mothers and their role in the family:

A mother's purpose is to care, prepare,
To nurture and to strengthen all her children.
She teaches children to obey, to pray,
To love and serve in the fam'ly.
God gave us families to help us become what He wants us to be—
This is how He shares His love, for the fam’ly is of God.

The Primary chorister went through each word in each line and asked the kids what they meant. She asked, "What does it mean that a mother's purpose is to prepare?" Some of the kids answered, "She makes dinner," or "She helps me with my homework," or "She cleans the house." My 5-year-old nephew, Luke, raised his hand and said, "She teaches me to choose the right and prepare to live with Jesus."

I'm grateful to have a mother of my own that did (and does) the same for her children. Happy Mother's Day to both a wonder mother and a wonderful sister. I love you both.

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Bless that little Luke! He learned well.

Laurie said...

Oh, good gravy... I'm such a sap. I'm sitting here with big ol' crocodile tears. Wail! That was beautiful (as true doctrine always is), and such a great tribute to both Jen and Judy. ... Gosh, I love me some Walton women. (Yourself included, of course.)

Judy said...

Thank for this, Lisa. Luke said it well, didn't he? That little boy thinks, even though we see him running. I love you, too.

Mia said...

That is so sweet!