3.16.2009

Take Me Out

Friday night, the fam bundled up and headed to the BYU v. Utah baseball game in Provo to celebrate Dad's birthday. (Mom is still recovering from her surgery, bless her heart, and wasn't able to join us. Truth be told, I don't think her bionic parts would have appreciated the cold climate. Ouch.) But we braved the freezing temp to enjoy an exciting game and great seats. And it was all worth it . . up until BYU lost 15-13. Dang. But we had a good time anyway.

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Didn't I read some comment of yours somewhere about BYU's dominance over the U. in all sports? Or did I make that up? ;)

Lisa said...

Though I don't know that I put it in quite those terms, I will ALWAYS believe in BYU's dominance over Utah in EVERYTHING. But that is what makes sports so fantastic! It makes the loses more bitter and the wins more sweet. Dang, I love sports.

And just so you know . . . this game was only one in a three-game series this weekend. And BYU won two of them. :)

Matt said...

Wow, look at the concentration on my face in trying to better understand the game of baseball.

Jenni said...

And look at me trying to not be a popsicle!

Judy said...

Oh, it looks SO fun, even though it was a mite cold. At home, my knee was being tortured by the ice machine and I was shivering under a blanket. Does that count? Anyway, your Dad loved it. You couldn't have done anything nicer. P.S. To pay homage to me, your wonderful Muthuh, wouldn't the title of this post be, "Me Out To"?