1.06.2009

Lisa Dundee

For Christmas this year, my family decided to draw names instead of everyone buying for everyone. My 5-year-old nephew, Luke, got me. He was super excited. He came up with his own idea for this endeavor and couldn’t be persuaded otherwise. (Not that his mother didn’t try, for obvious reasons.) So, Christmas morning rolls around and he gives me a box to open. He’d accidentally let it slip days ago that my present was “purple” but I'm not exactly sure what is inside. I open it up, his excitement rubbing off on me . . .


And the picture just doesn't do it justice (but not necessarily in a bad way). And you gotta hear what the website lists as the purse's key selling features:
  • Urban-Style Shoulder Bag
  • Nylon, Synthetic Leather, 100% Polyester Lining
  • Purple
  • Crocodile-Textured Trim, Contrasting Stitching, Buckles
  • Features 2 Exterior Cell-Phone Pockets with Snap Closure, Interior Zip Pockets
  • Magnetic Closure, Shoulder Strap
Crocodile-textured trim? Shut up! Just call me Lisa Dundee. And do you see that buckle? It also works well as a door-knocker! So, last night I went out with some friends. And what did I do? I took the purse . . . out into public . . . and this alone could stand as proof that I love my nephew . . . a lot.

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Lis,

That was an AWESOME post! Love the pic of the purple purse. (Pic of the purple purse... say that 10 times, fast.)

Yeah, you do love the kid A LOT. (And why wouldn't you? Who else would buy you a purple door-knocker purse?) You're the best aunt EVER!

Jenni said...

G'day Mate.

Upon looking at this post, Luke says, "Yes! That purse is cool!"

Mia said...

Ok so that is just sweet! Any boy who would pick out an accessory for a girl/lady at the tender age of 5 is a brave confident man! I love that you wore it our last night. I have a feeling it is going to grow on you.

Genevra said...

When I saw the picture my first thought was, "That is an awesome purse. My sister would love that." Of course, purple is her favorite color.

Makes me want to read "Lily's Purple Plastic Purse" and change the name to Lisa.

Great Aunts are willing to do a lot for their beloved nieces and nephews. Welcome to the club!

Judy said...

Kudos to you, Dundee. Luke was mighty proud, I say, MIGHTY proud to lay that gift on you.