Matt and Jenni invited me up to have dinner and to watch
Gone With the Wind with them this evening. When I got there, everyone was busy doing their own thing so I sat in the living room and played with Trevor for a bit. I dug my camera out my purse and attempted to take a few candid shots of him. But he became overly fascinated by it, the flash in particular . . .



5 comments:
You can't post pictures of the kid with the PINK BINKIE!!
I'm a failure as a mother.....
Would you like me to color correct them to red? :)
Hey! The pinkie binkie is just a nod to his feminine side, which he will most definitely need when he is much older, when he of necessity will have to start paying attention and relate to the opposite sex. I predict he'll be a fun and understading man among men--all because of the pink pacifier.
And oh, how I wish I could have come to your GWTW party. What fun. Since Christmas isn't too far away, I might mention that we don't have this classic on DVD. Video yes, but no DVD. All this talk about it has me wanting to see it again, and again, and again. . .
Long ago, when our family had just gone to the theater to see GWTW, my mom, she made an interesting comment that I always remember when I think of GWTW. She told us that the story contained a group of flawed characters. Ashley, Rhett, Scarlett, Melanie--all of them. We then discussed what the flaws were. It's a good take on the film's characters--you might try it. We learned a lot from my Mom's discussions.
Sounds interesting, Mom. You'll have to tell me more.
Yeah, we'll have to have a conversation about that topic, because last night I was having a "Melanie Analysis" in my head. I get that technically one could consider her a flawed character. But I got thinking...is she really? Is it possible to be too forgiving?
Oh, yeah....we'll have to have a party to discuss.
Post a Comment