2.29.2008

Perfection

One of my favorite movies is "Casino Royale" but for reasons that might be surprising. Yes, there is the great story line, the action scenes, and, of course, the fabulously good looking main character that can instantly go back to a game of poker after being brought back from death. But what happens to excite me most about this movie actually has to do with the opening credits. Since I work in the artistic world, specifically the design industry, I seem to look for and gravitate toward things built upon the elements of good design. Whoever created the opening credits of "Casino Royale" deserves a raise. They are imaginative, dramatic, and innovative. I can only guess how long it took to create the final outcome. And do you know what is the icing on this cake of perfection? The super sweet background song by Chris Cornell, the front man for the group Audioslave. (I blame Scott for my love affair with their music.) For me, the whole scene is the meeting of two great loves. It couldn’t be more perfect in my mind. I usually watch it more than once before starting the actual movie.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Oh, he's SO yummy....and the credits aren't bad either. :-)